Friday, September 18, 2009

High on the Highline



Husband and I had a nice little get-a-way weekend to New York City. I am usually the planner who gets a little out of control and has doubled-up lunch and dinner reservations all over the town. This trip we decided to take it easy. Once place I had to see was The Highline. It's an old freight line from the 30's that was abandoned in the 80's. Now it is a public park owned by the city of New York. It's a lovely meandering walk above the city with concrete paths, trees and all types of plants. We had our pink wine at Pastis and then took a leisurely stroll through the park. Only New York could get something like this together. I was hoping to see a vegetable garden up there but it's mostly different grasses and trees. I was also amazed to see so many rooftop gardens. I would love to somehow get a tour of NYC rooftops. All in all a fabulous trip.




PS check out Palazzo Chupi - Julian Schnabel's little pink building in the West Village

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! The High Line was still under construction while we were there last, and I think it's modelled after similar elevated gardens built on abandoned aquaducts throughout Europe. Lovely. More pics, please!

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!