Sunday, July 4, 2010

basil, basil, basil



I have high hopes for garden basil. In the past, planting it in the main veggie bed, it's the first to be devoured, it's tender leaves perforated nearly overnight. I'm hoping that isolating into a tall planter will keep it from falling prey to the cut worms and slugs that are inevitable in the main bed, and let these tender babies flourish!

I planted three species: lovely genovese sweet basil for caprese salad, delicate yet spicy thai for soups, and a new-to-me flavor: purple basil. Apparently it's fabulous in pesto, so if it takes off, I'll give that a try!

Now: fingers crossed!

:::

No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!