Thursday, April 21, 2011

tassajara tales


R E L A X - I'm not giving up meat. I am, however, trying out several vegetarian recipes from the Tassajara Cookbook in preparation for the week long visit of my grew-up-vegetarian mother, who now eats meat, but not much.

This is the Sesame Marinade for firm tofu that I'm testing. The only bit from my garden is the scallions, but that's enough to qualify it for the blog, right? Right. This is MY universe, people! [wink]

Anyway, these tofu triangles will marinade overnight, then I'll bake them and pack them for a road trip north to Sebastepol, where we're picking up 2 boxes of bees for the backyard hives.*


*Last years hive collapsed, reasons unknown. The new batch of bees is 'survivor stock' so we'll see how this season goes. Let's hope for lots of honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!