Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cheesemaking 101

Yeah, because I don't have ENOUGH hobbies, I decided to try cheesemaking. I blame Kris (just kiddin' ya, Pepper!)

This hobby is NOT for the faint of heart.  It takes a lot of equipment, and the precision of baking (not my strong suit) as well as the patience of a saint (both in the making process and in the waiting to age).

And you have to wait weeks before you even know if it turned out okay.

Lets just say, I'm still at the 101 level. Here's what I've attempted (more or less successfully):
1.  Morel mushroom infused Camembert
2.  Cabacou (thin disks of fresh goat milk cheese stored covered with herbed olive oil)
3.  St. Marcellain (soft rind brie)
4.  Herbed Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!