Friday, June 12, 2009

What a difference 9 weeks makes



Wow, the garden is abundant with green foliage and flowers. Can you believe the difference? It's been really foggy so I'm surprised things are still growing.



I have tomato flowers and squash blossoms that are lovely.




The worm tea is really stinky so have been afraid to use it. I don't think it's supposed to smell so bad. I mean it's worms eating fruit and veggies. How stinky could their "leavings" be?






Onions and leeks are gorgeous. Almost too gorgeous to pull out. Beans are slowly moving along. They've been attacked by some evil pest. Maybe pincher bugs or pill bugs. My beer catchers worked great for a while and now I think they(the evil bugs) know it's there so just avoid the brew. I've also starting pinching the tomato suckers(new growth between the stems). I've also got a little too much foliage and may start pruning but that's a whole other bag of questions so will get out my faithful Sunset Garden Bible and do some light reading.

1 comment:

  1. things I am jealous over:
    1. tomato blossoms
    2. squash blossoms
    3. that you know what to do with your tomato/squash blossoms

    things I am NOT jealous over:
    1. stinky worm tea
    2. the chair. I mean, The Chair.

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!