Sunday, October 18, 2009

too busy for photos!

This weekend has been a blur - spent several hours in the Community Garden cutting back and tying up the communal (thornless!) blackberry bush, then separated a dozen onion shoots, transplanted more onion (three varieties!) broccoli and brussel sprout seedlings, took up the tomatoes and blue lake beans and transplanted three of the six fava bean seedlings I'd started from seed. After that, I harvested some young radishes, two small heads of frisee* and pruned the lemon verbena (tree) shrub.

All said and done, it was a solid 4+ hours in the CG, and while the garden has a greenhouse, it has no OUTHOUSE, so I was in such a hurry to get to, how shall I say?, le facilities, that I failed to take any photos of the fruits of my labor.

And that is why you get only words. But they're good words, non?

:::

No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!