Saturday, April 18, 2009

Greens under screens



The backyard garden has a particular challenge - not shade, soil issues nor snails - but CAT. My 10-yr old tabby finds a freshly tilled veggie bed just plain irresistible as a Litter Box From Heaven, and we have to go through some hoops to ensure that she doesn't taint our harvest. I guess I should say we makes sure she DOESN'T go through hoops - half-round bamboo shoot hoops, that is, cut from our own clump of dwarf bamboo along the southern fence. I placed the bamboo shoots freshly-cut, while still pliant, and then draped it all with bird netting. I still have to tack down the edges between the hoops because that cat's middle name is McGuyver, and she'll head-butt pert'near anything to get where she wants to go.



:::

No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!