Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 3 in the Lunado Garden





The hot weather last week really jump started the seedlings. They survived the heat and look a good 2 inches taller. Kids grow up so fast...Anywho, lettuce really shot up and I can almost make a baby greens salad for 1.



A few squash seeds from last years crop have starting popping up unannounced. They are NOT in my garden plan but I can't just pull them out. What to do? I don't have enough room and couldn't even tell you what type they were. I do need to start thinning out the onions and leeks. I've never done that before so keep your fingers crossed.



I did complete a garden project by painting an ugly white garage sale table a nice Pear Green.



The Snowball tree is finally in bloom. It's a short show but one worth the wait.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT - now I'm coveting your snowball tree. [grin].

    plants look like they're doing great! I think we should plan our first salad harvest for next weekend (patio brunch?) and celebrate! I've got romaine, mesclun and baby chard that looks might tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great to me! I seperated all my onion and leeks and replanted them. Took forever...also, I think my squash is actually 2 plants so pulled them apart too. Hopefully I didn't kill it. I need to go back to Flowercraft sometime soon. Wanna shop?

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!