Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What a difference a 91 degree day in SF makes




Dang...hurried home after work to check on the beds and found lots of sad looking seedlings. Even though I watered the night before, the sun was too much. Basil is burnt and tomatoe leaves look bleached out. Squash has burnt leaves and small white spots. Everything looked plump and bright green the day before. Not sure what I could have done. If I covered everything, wouldn't it have become too hot? Ugh, I'm hoping things will still make it but we have another hot one today and I'm at work so can't cover them with my body like a good mother would.

3 comments:

  1. I think they can pull through!

    yep, my basil looked worse for wear, but the rest seemed to be troopers. will check on them again tonight and hope that the weather will be back to 'normal' soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomatoes survived but basil looks ugly. May mean another trip to Flowercraft...shoot;) I say our next great idea should be Garden/Wine Shop. Imagine strolling through the rows with a glass of Rose

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!