Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blue Lake Beans



I planted a six-pack of Blue Lake Beans along the chainlink fence of my Community Garden. I built up a bamboo trellis for the beans, and then sat back and waited. The bean plants never really took to the trellis - I don't know if I didn't plant them close enough (unlikely), or something else is at play here, but these plants are STILL - easily 6 weeks later - less than 12" tall.

Yet, THESE BABIES PRODUCE.

Yes, the stunted, miniscule bean plants of mine are pumping out beans like NOBODY'S BUSINESS! I harvested well over a quart of full 5" long beans, as plump and ready as could be!

I'll be serving these up french style: split longwise, sauteed with red onion, garlic and diced bacon. YUM!

:::

No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!