Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lunado Garden - Week 14


I've been a bad blogger. Just haven't had any free time to take pics and post but I'm back and I know you are thrilled. The garden is flourishing. I have squash, little blue lake beans, onions, lots and lots of lovely little green tomatoes. I will now wow you with my photographs.



Squash before and squash after on the pretty plate I made in ceramics class.




The Blue Lake beans are coming in rapidly. Cannot wait to harvest these. My first try at beans. The Peter Pan squash is a jungle. These should be ready in a week or two. I still cannot pick baby squash. I love to eat them but these babies will get to play in the garden a little longer.













These squash unexpectadly came back from last year. They almost look like ornamental squash. Have no idea what to do with these but they sure are pretty.

2 comments:

  1. YOU MADE THAT PLATE? that is LOVELY. Do you take custom orders????

    I'm now convinced that my irregular watering schedule, combined with limited full-sun hours at the CGarden have stunted my harvest. I could pout and cry more, but I won't, I'll just accept that I can't do summer veggies and stick to the hearty fall varieties. I intend to have broccoli out the yin-yang.

    but man, I'd love to be able to harvest my own tender squash. curses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that plate did turn out nice if I say so myself. Did I tell you that my sculptured hand blew up in the kiln? Drats.

    So, CG should do well with flowers in the summer and easier veggies like onions, carrots, etc. How are you beans doing?

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!