Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How Fast Does Your Garden Grow?



I've been gardening for a few years but am still very much in awe of the fact that a garden can go from the above photo to the below photo in 14 weeks. I love when everything thing is first planted and all organized. Every plant has it's place and lots of nice room around it. Now, it's a jungle. Tomatoes vines not staying in their cages. Summer squash leaves crowding out the leeks. Forget about my pretty herbs and marigolds. They haven't seen the sun in weeks. I'm not complaining but I am realizing I do like the beginning of a garden best. Is that weird?

1 comment:

  1. Your garden has had crazy, jungle growth. YES, I'm jealous. I'm still getting the feel for what will do well in the CGarden, and I'm honing in on all the fall crops. Oh well.

    You're so lucky to have that jungle of growth! Even though I agree that the fledgling stage of a garden is such an emotional anchor for me, I do love seeing how each plant 'goes native' to whatever it's own flow is. Perhaps this is what watching teenagers evolved into is like. hmmmmmm.... maybe not.

    Anyways - I'm SO GLAD you're on this journey with me, and I love seeing the progress of your garden!

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!