Saturday, May 16, 2009

sharing the bounty

Before leaving on our Tour de California, I harvested the bounty from both gardens, and distributed the wealth to several neighbors. The salad greens I snipped and bagged, but the broccoli rabe I bundled in saved grocery bands. I couldn't believe how much I'd been able to get from one harvest, and how absolutely GORGEOUS they were!



I'm waiting to see if the cut shoots regrow, and I've got a new batch of seedlings started, just in case. Beets and more radishes are on their way, and if this chilly spring/summer weather keeps up, some traditional broccoli is going in, too. But right now, I'm SOOOOOOO in love with the broccoli rabe!!

:::

No comments:

Post a Comment

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!