Thursday, May 7, 2009

why I will never be skinny


Lately even I am getting a little bored with pictures of plants growing so, here's how I spend a weeknight at home with the husband. He lives in the world of wine and this is what I come home to on an average Wednesday night. I mean, how is a women supposed to stay away from alcohol during the week when there are 11 bottles of wine OPEN? He: "I've got some wine here from a group of amazing producers from Spain and I'd like you to try them." Me: "Uh, ok."


The line up.


Grilled steak, mushroom risotto, roasted tomatoes(not from garden...yet), roasted broccoli(probably never will be from garden) and grilled spring onions(definitely will be from garden in near future).


The late harvest Grenache was my favorite and went great with dinner. We are drinking out of fancy Reidel glasses the husband received from his last wine event. I swear wine tastes better from these.


Oh, and why we are here in the first place. My first harvested greens from the garden. Aren't they just the prettiest things you've ever seen?

2 comments:

  1. yep, the greens are lovely, but those bottles are looking pretty fiiiiiiiiine, too! (this is why I will never be skinny, either!)

    mmmmm.. now I crave mushroom risotto... curses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw - you know you make me jealous.

    ReplyDelete

you no longer need a gmail account to post a comment! (but please do the word verification so we know you're not a robot!) gracias!